Faculty & Staff
Chii-Chang Chen received B.S. degree in Department of Electrical Engineering of Tamkang University in 1991. After two - year experience of teaching assistant in Tamkang University, he studied French for one year in Universite Bordeaux III and then DEA d'electronique for one year in Universite Bordeaux I in France. His research topic in this period was to design a BiCMOS circuit for studying the signals transmitting between neurons of lobsters. He received his Ph. D. degree in Sciences for Engineer from Universite de Franche-Comte (Besancon, France) in 1998. His dissertation work dealt with modification of polarization-independent modulators in LiNbO 3 by laser ablation. In 1998, he worked in Laboratoire d'Optique P.M. Duffieux of Besancon to study high-speed LiNbO 3 modulators. In 1999, He became post-doctoral fellow in National Central University (NCU, Taiwan). From 2002, he joined Institute of Optical Sciences of National Central University as an assistant professor (Taiwan). He joined Friedrich-Schiller-Universitat Jena (Germany) as a visiting researcher in 2005 for 3 months. Since 2005, he becomes associate professor in IOS-NCU. He joined Universit e de Paris 13 (France) as a visiting researcher in 2006 for 1 month. He received the NSC Wu Ta-You memorial award and NCU excellent research award in 2006. His current research interests are photonic crystals, UV GaN-based microlens, micro-optics, passive components for WDM fiber- optic communications.
Docteur, Universite de Franche-Comte
Photonic Crystals, GaN-Based Micro-Optics, Passive Components for Fiber-Optic Communications, Integrated Optics
Current Research Areas
Our research interests include the design, the fabrication and the measurement of photonic crystal devices. In our group, the photonic crystals are applied on LEDs, solar cells, biochips and integrated optical circuits for optical computing. We work with our collaborators from worldwide top universities of France, Germany, Singapore, etc
1. Laboratory Website : http://apl.dop.ncu.edu.tw
1. Consultant in ITRI, Mar-Dec 2004.
2. Visiting scholar in Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany (2005/6-9).
3. National Science Council Wu Ta-You award, 2006.
4. NationalCentralUniversity outstanding research award, 2006.
5. NationalCentralUniversity excellent patent award, 2006.
6. NationalCentralUniversity excellent technology transfer award, 2006.
7. Visiting scholar in Universite Paris 13, France, for one month (2006/7)
8. National Central University outstanding research award, 2007.
9. Visiting scholar in Universite Paris 13, France, for one month (2007/7)
10. Visiting scholar in Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany for 2 weeks (2007/8)
11. Execution Secretary of NCU Plan to Develop First-class University and Top-level Research Centers, 2007/9-now
12. Organizing committee member of ODF'08 Taipei, 2008.
13. Member of council of The Optical Engineering Society of the Republic of China, 2008.
14. Guest editor of Journal of Optical Engineering Society of the Republic of China (vol. 103), 2008.
15. Taiwan Optical Engineering Society, Ritek young optical engineering award, 2008.
16. National Central University oustanding research award, 2008.
17. National Central University oustanding research award, 2009.
|Applied Photonics Laboratory (I)|
|Applied Photonics Laboratory (II)|